Common relationship problems and solutions
Everyone shares various type of different relationships but sometimes the issues are mostly the same. Whatever problems you are going through in your relationship it’s actually comforting to know that you are not alone in this world. There are some relationship problems that can be solved if acted consciously. Counselling or Relationship Counselling falls under the umbrella term ‘talking therapies’. The Relationship Counselor allows the couple to discuss their problems and any difficult feelings they encounter in a safe, confidential, anonymous environment. The term can mean different things to different people, but in general it is a process people speak their psychologist for relationship advice. This is when they want to change something in their lives or simply explore their thoughts and feelings in more depth. At Aurum Wellness Marriage Counselling is conducted with couples in order to resolve relationship and Marriage problems right through the app.
- The Problem of Communication
- Who does the Home Chores?
- Not keeping the Relationship a Priority
- Relationship Problem: Conflict
- Relationship Problem: Money
- Relationship Problem: Trust
The Problem of Communication
- Make a proper appointment. It may be after the kids sleep, after your dinner, or on return from office. But you should not be accessing your phone or any other gadgets, and have dedicated time to each other.
- f you think that the discussion may get hot, or you may start raising your voice, keep the appointment in a public space like a mall, restaurant or a park.
- Never interrupt your partner. Let him/her finish, take their confirmation on their finishing, ask them not to interrupt you while you speak, so that both get to put their views on.
- Your body language is very important in the discussion, and you should maintain eye contact throughout. Don't fiddle with your watch or anything, or look elsewhere. Remember, you are not there to win personally, but to win the relationship. Work on the same.
Who does the Home Chores?
- Believe it or not, this is one of the most common problems in a relationship. With both partners working, this further complicates the issue.
- Get down and divide the home chores amongst yourselves. Try to keep a balance and keep likings and disliking evenly distributed as well. It's all about understanding and honest intentions.
Not keeping the Relationship a Priority
- Go for outings, trips, long drives. They work great!
- Do the chores together, go for grocery shopping together!
- Relive some of the old memories, like coffee in a downtown cafe, an old countryside inn you have been together.
- Go to childhood places which are unknown to your partner (if any). For example, you can take a visit to your first school together, and meet some old teachers and staff as well.
Relationship Problem: Conflict
- Talk/argue in a civilized manner, and get yourself out of the cocoon that you are the victim. You are not, and probably you are victimizing others.
- It is your choice on how you react, and what effect you let have of others on you. Use your judgement
- Remove that irritation. Get that irritation out of your head. Only then you can think straightTry not to hurt. Not physical, I am referring to words that can scratch one's soul. Do not say anything that you will regret later of saying. Take time in your response, choose your words, and then deliver. You may choose to not say something you want to, as well, so that you can think over it later and decide.
- Stop defending. Do not always jump into defending yourself. Try accepting the blame once on yourself, even if it is not your fault. See the change in tempo.
- It's okay to apologize. Get out of your ego, apologize if you are wrong. See the other person's heart melt. Make your relationship stronger.
Relationship Problem: Money
- Do Not blame each other, take corrective action instead.
- Prepare a budget and adhere to it.
- Make goals to make your liabilities zero.
- Think four times before making any expensive purchase. Do you really need it? Can you delay the purchase? Can you hire the same?
- Fix up your saving budget.
- Decide who will pay which bills.
- Each person should be allowed to save some money for his personal spending and freedom.
- Set short term, long term and family goals.
- Care for your parents, set aside a budget for them as well.
Relationship Problem: Trust
- Do not lie, even little white lies. They hurt.
- If you are not on time, inform.
- Be consistent. Do what you have said you will do.
- Be fair, even in an argument.
- Make a goal to be sensitive to your partner's feelings.
- If you have said you will call, please call on time. The other person is waiting.
- If you will be late for home, call and convey.
- Try not to carry office's work home. Home is for your family.
- Things might go wrong, mistakes may happen. Do Not Overreact. Work towards solving the problem.
- Words said cannot be taken back. Be careful of what you say.
- Let buried things be buried. Do not dig up old issues and wounds.
- Respect your partner's boundaries. Respect his feelings he doesn't want to share.
- Don't always judge.
- Be a good listener. Be a help whenever possible.
- Remember, relationship problems cannot always be avoided, but they can always be solved.